For me Brussels Sprouts are a traditional part of our Christmas Dinner, if you would like some crunch in your sprouts sprinkle with some chopped walnuts before serving.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
500 g SuperValu Brussels Sprouts
60 g SuperValu Butter
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
1 - SuperValu Onion
1 - SuperValu Orange
0 - SuperValu Salt
100 g SuperValu Streaky Bacon Rashers
- Rinse the sprouts under cold water and remove the outer leaves.
- Slice thinly and set aside in a bowl.
- In the meantime, sauté the onion in some butter and oil and add the streaky bacon.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until the bacon begins to crisp.
- Add the shredded sprouts and toss with the onion and bacon, cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice of one orange over the pan and toss the sprouts.
- Cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and season with some salt and pepper.