Jess is keeping it simple with this recipe. Reminiscent of times gone by, this salad hero's all things local and natural for a truly wholesome meal.
1. Boil the potatoes according to instructions.
2. Boil the eggs for 6-8 minutes depending on desired consistency.
3. Slice the ham, cheese, tomatoes, scallions and gherkins. Wash the leaves.
4. Chop up the potatoes and mix with your homemade ranch dressing.
5. To make the ranch dressing, combine the sour cream, buttermilk, mayonnaise, garlic, parsley, dill and chives in a food processor. Add the lemon juice and white pepper to taste.
6.Toss all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and serve in the middle of the table with a slice of fresh brown bread for a lovely traditional family lunch