This is a wonderfully versatile accompaniment to barbecues, picnics and sandwiches.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 8 people
Add all ingredients Select All
500 g Cherry Tomatoes
1 tsp Dried Basil Leaves
1 clove SuperValu Garlic
0 - SuperValu Olive Oil
0 tsp SuperValu Oregano
1 tsp SuperValu Parsley
0 - SuperValu Salt
- Preheat the oven to 140°C/275°F/Gas Mark 1.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and place side up on a baking tray.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little oil.
- Sprinkle with garlic and herbs and place in the preheated oven for 1½ hours until the tomatoes have collapsed.
- Leave to cool in the oven with the door ajar.
- Next spoon the tomatoes into a sterilised jar, and cover completely with olive oil.
- Ensure there are no air pockets between the ingredients by stirring the mixture with a knife.
- Seal and refrigerate until required.
- Store in the fridge but remove at least half an hour before serving as the oil partially solidifies in the fridge.