These simple Spanish flavoured mini sausage rolls will be a hit for any tapas or sharing platter party. They can be baked in advance and just served warmed up or at room temperature.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 12 people
Add all ingredients Select All
100 g Chorizo
1 - Egg
wash (1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 tbsp milk)
2 cloves Garlic
1 - Onion
2 sheets Puff Pastry
thawed if frozen
200 g Sausage Meat
4 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, mix the sausage meat, chorizo, onion and garlic. Mix with cleaned hands until combine thoroughly.
- Shape the sausage mixture back into the size of about 3 - 4 cm diameter.
- Roll out the sheets of puff pastry onto the work surface and brush the pastry with some egg wash.
- Place the mixture on the puff pastry approximately 1cm from the edge. Fold the pastry over the sausage mixture and seal.
- Repeat with the remaining pastry and sausage mixture. Cut the rolls into 2cm or more rolls and place on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Brush the tops with the remaining egg wash. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden and sausages are cooked through.
- Serve the sausage rolls warm or at room temperature for best results, however once cooked they can be stored in the fridge and served when required!