A perfect picnic accompaniment best served with apricot and pear chutney
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
3 - Bay Leaves
80 ml Brandy 350ml
1 lb Chicken Livers
30 g SuperValu Butter
130 g SuperValu Butter
20 ml SuperValu Cream
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
1 dstspn SuperValu Oil
1 - SuperValu Onion
2 - SuperValu Rashers
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
- Heat 30g butter in a frying pan with a drizzle of oil then add the bacon, onion and garlic and cook gently until softened but not caramlised.
- Add the Chicken livers to the pan with the bay leaves.
- Increase the heat and cook for about 3-4 minutes until the liver is nicely browned all over but still pink and soft in the centre. Add the brandy to the livers and flambée.
- Pour in the cream and simmer for a further 3 minutes then remove the bay leaves.
- Pour the mixture to a food processor and blitz until a smooth puree consistency is achieved.
- Gradually add in the softened butter and season to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into sterilised jars, then cover with a layer of clarified butter - store in the fridge until required.
- Serve with pear and apricot chutney and some slices of rye bread