Chorizo gives these sprouts a new dimension. You’ll never complain about sprouts once you try this delicious recipe.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
0 - Black Pepper
200 g Chorizo Sausages
1 - Red Onion
450 g SuperValu Brussels Sprouts
trimmed and halved lengthwise
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and simmer for five minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the Brussels sprouts to a bowl of ice water.
- This is to stop the cooking process.
- In the meantime, heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large pan over medium/high heat.
- Add the chorizo and the onion and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and softened.
- Add the garlic and seasoning and cook a further 1 - 2 minutes.
- Transfer chorizo mixture to a bowl.
- Increase heat to high and add the remaining oil and return the reserved Brussels sprouts to the pan.
- Stiring occasionally until the Brussels sprouts are slightly browned and tender, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the reserved chorizo mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.