- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F. Cut one of the tomatoes into slices and dice the remaining two. Dice the cucumber. Trim the lettuce leaves. Arrange the spinach, diced tomatoes and cucumber into small serving bowls and set aside until needed.
- Cut the potatoes into 1cm chips, leaving the skin on and blanch in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes, then drain well.
- Line a roasting tin with parchment paper, place on the potatoes and season with a pinch of salt (optional) and a drizzle of oil. Toss with tongs until evenly coated.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp and golden brown, turning the potatoes at least twice to ensure they cook evenly.
- Meanwhile to make the burgers, heat a griddle or non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Season the burgers with salt (optional) and pepper, then add to the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Cook the burgers for 4 minutes on each side until cooked through and nicely charred. Test with a small knife to ensure they are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, toast the burger buns and smear the bottoms with the mustard and the tops with the ketchup. Add the lettuce and tomatoes to the bottom halves and put a burger on top. Slice the gherkins and add to the burgers, then finish with the tops. Arrange on the plates with the chips and serve alongside the salad.
NOTE: if you have an air fryer then use it to make the chips and you will not need to use any oil for this recipe.