Serves: 4 people
2 tsp Cider Vinegar
or white wine vinegar
0.5 tsp Clear Honey
2 tbsp Emerald Oils Rapeseed Oil
1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
1 pinch Sea Salt
175 g SuperValu Mixed Salad Leaves
4 - SuperValu Scallops
trimmed and cut into 1cm slices
4 - SuperValu Streaky Bacon Rashers
cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
- Heat a frying pan over a fairly high heat, then add 1 tablespoon of the Emerald Oils rapeseed oil.
- Add the sliced scallops and cook lightly for about 30 seconds on each side, until just browned. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan, cook the bacon for a few minutes until nicely browned, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the salad leaves in a large bowl and season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add the vinegar to the pan, raise the heat and deglaze the pan, scraping the sediment with a wooden spatula until almost all the vinegar has evaporated. Add the mustard and honey, then blend in the remaining tablespoon of rapeseed oil to make a dressing.
- Scatter the scallops and bacon over the salad, then drizzle over the dressing. Toss lightly to combine and serve on warmed wide, shallow bowls.