This salad has a delicious mixture of flavours and the perfect lunch.
Serves: 4 people
4 - Bacon Rashers
diced into small pieces
12 - Cherry Tomatoes
200 g SuperValu Goats Cheese
0 - SuperValu Lemon
200 g SuperValu Mixed Lettuce
- In a small bowl combine the goat’s cheese, dried mixed herbs and ½ teaspoon of wholegrain mustard. Mix well until combined and then divide the mixture into small pieces and using your hands roll the cheese into small balls, place in a shallow bowl and drizzle with approximately 1 tablespoon olive oil. I normally make 8-12 balls.
- Store in the fridge until required.
- Meanwhile place the remaining mustard into a medium sized bowl with the honey and lemon juice and whisk well. Whisk in the olive oil and mix until a slightly thick consistency has been achieved. Transfer this to a jar or bottle and store until required.
- Heat a large frying pan with a little oil and add in the diced bacon and cook for a couple of minutes until it has become quite crispy.
- Drain on kitchen paper to get rid of any excess fat. Store in a warm place until required.
- Half the cherry tomatoes and add them into the lettuce. Drizzle with a couple of tablespoons of the dressing and mix well ensuring that the lettuce is fully coated.
- Divide the lettuce between your serving bowls, arrange some of the goats cheese balls on top of the salad and then scatter the crispy warm bacon on top.
- Serve immediately.