This is a quirky variation to the traditional creamed potato topping. Without the potato topping this dish is delicious mixed through some hot pasta or served with boiled rice or creamed potatoes
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 0 people
Add all ingredients Select All
50 g Cheddar Cheese
120 g Ham
400 ml Milk
6 - Mushrooms
25 g Plain Flour
25 g SuperValu Butter
3 clove SuperValu Garlic
2 medium SuperValu Leek
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
500 g SuperValu Quality Irish Fresh Whole Turkey
cooked and diced - leftovers
0 - SuperValu Salt
1 glass White Wine
1 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
- Cut the potatoes into thick slices.
- Put the potatoes into a large pot of salted water and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until the potatoes are tender but not fully cooked through
- Strain into a colander and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile heat a large shallow saucepan with the butter (and a little bit of oil to stop the butter from burning). Add in the leeks, garlic and mushrooms at this stage together with a little seasoning and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the cooked vegetables, then pour in the white wine and milk, stir to combine. Reduce the heat and add the turkey and ham, cook for 8 - 10 minutes. If you like you could add a little cream as well. Season lightly and add the wholegrain mustard. Simmer for 5-6 minutes and then transfer to a large casserole dish.
- Neatly arrange the sliced potatoes on the top, Sprinkle with some salt, pepper, cheese and breadcrumbs and bake in a preheated oven (190C/375F/Gas Mark 5) for approximately 30 minutes.