Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 pinch Black Pepper
3 - Fresh Egg
500 ml Milk
100 ml Olive Oil
225 g Plain Flour
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
1 tsp SuperValu Fresh Rosemary
1 handfull SuperValu Mixed Baby Salad Leaves
1 pinch SuperValu Salt
6 - Superquinn Award Winning Irish Sausages
1 tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
- Sift the flour into a bowl with a pinch of salt and pour in the milk. Break the eggs into the bowl and add the wholegrain mustard. Whisk to a smooth batter and season with salt and pepper. Set aside for 30 minutes to rest, then add the herbs.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a pan set over a medium heat and add the sausages. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside to keep warm.
- Pour the remaining oil into a deep baking dish measuring about 25cm x 30cm. Place the dish in the oven and heat the oil for 5 to 8 minutes, until just smoking.
- Carefully remove the dish from the oven and pour in the batter. Place the sausages in the batter, then return the baking dish to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until golden and just firm.
- Serve hot with a baby leaf salad.