Chicken wings are definitely one of the nations favourite finger foods, the secret is a good dipping sauce, a nice crunchy chicken skin and seasoning.
Serves: 6 people
0 - Black Pepper
0.5 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
2 cloves Garlic
2 tsp Lemon
2 tbsp Olive Oil
0 - Salt
200 g Self-Raising Flour
2 - Shallots
2 kg SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Wings
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- In a mini blender, place the shallot, garlic and olive oil and pulse until pureed. Transfer into a large bowl and add the chicken wings. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine flour, lemon zest, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper and mixed herbs in a large bowl!
- Add the marinated chicken wings to the flour and toss until well coated. Place onto prepared baking trays.
- Place in the oven, bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until crisp and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with tomato and red onion salad and Don’t forget a water bowl with slices of lemon to dip those oily fingers!