Goat’s cheese or feta can be used in the burgers if preferred. Serve with soft baps to absorb all the delicious juices.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 - Fresh SuperValu Mozzarella
550 g Mincemeat
50 g Parmesan Cheese
160 g SuperValu Baby Spinach
4 - SuperValu Burger Buns
If you are Gluten Intolerant check that the buns are gluten free
80 g SuperValu Rocket Leaves
3 tsp Tabasco Sauce
1 - Tomatoes
- Combine the minced beef, Tabasco and some salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Shape into eight burgers about 1cm thick and chill in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, place the spinach in a large saucepan set over a medium heat without any fat. Add a drop of water, cover with a lid and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until wilted. Transfer to a colander to cool, then use your hands to squeeze the water out of the spinach. Chop the spinach roughly and place in a bowl. Tear the mozzarella with your hands and add to the bowl, then sprinkle over the Parmesan.
- Divide the spinach mixture into quarters. Place the filling on top of four of the burgers, then cover with the remaining four burgers. Seal the edges by pressing firmly together and press on the top to flatten slightly into a single thick burger.
- Preheat a grill or a griddle pan to medium–high.
- Grill the burgers for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, flipping them over carefully so they don’t break. Build each burger on the soft buns with slices of tomato, rocket leaves and a dollop of your favourite sauce, topped with the stuffed burger. Serve immediately.
*Refer to Coeliac Society Food List for certified gluten free products