Beef up your summer with our Sirloin Steak Tagliatelle Salad. Using two sirloin steaks in a salad for four is a great way to get some beef in your family’s diet without breaking the bank.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
500 g Fresh Egg Tagliatelle
2 clove Garlic
1 - Lemon
1 tbsp Olive Oil
plus extra for brushing
50 g Parmesan Cheese
1 pinch Pepper
1 pinch Salt
250 g Signature Tastes Piccolo Cherry Tomatoes
1 tbsp SuperValu Dried Oregano
40 g SuperValu Mixed Baby Salad Leaves
1 portion SuperValu Mixed Herbs
fresh herbs, to garnish, such as chives, parsley or coriander
2 - Thick-cut Sirloin Steaks
1. Preheat the barbecue to medium.
2. Cook the tagliatelle in a large saucepan of boiling salted
water according to the packet instructions. Drain and cool
the pasta, then transfer to a large bowl.
3. Place the tomatoes in a large bowl with the garlic, oregano, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and some salt and pepper and toss to coat.
4. Brush the steaks with olive oil and season well with salt and
pepper. Place the steaks on the barbecue and grill for 2 to 4 minutes on each side, until cooked to your liking. Remove from the barbecue and rest on a board, covered, for 5 minutes.
5. While the steak is resting, combine the cooled pasta with the cherry tomatoes, then add the Parmesan shavings, mixed leaves and lemon juice. Toss gently and transfer to a serving platter or individual bowls, then garnish with fresh herbs.
6. Slice the steak thinly across the grain, then arrange the
strips on top of the pasta salad to serve.