Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Fresh Egg
per person,to serve
1 - Red Pepper
or green or yellow SuperValu pepper if you have one kicking about that could be en route to the bin, it’s not necessary, but it adds flavour and colour if you have it.
0 - Seasoning
1 knob SuperValu Butter
0 - SuperValu Grated Cheddar Cheese
1 large SuperValu Onion
4 - SuperValu Potatoes
cold from last night
1 bunch SuperValu Scallions
4 - SuperValu Streaky Bacon Rashers
- The evening before cook 6 good sized potatoes in their jackets, drain and leave to cool for tomorrow night’s dinner.
- In a large pan fry off diced bacon, add chopped onion and peppers (if using them) and seasoning.
- While this is cooking, peel and dice the cold boiled potatoes.
- Add to pan, toss and add butter.
- When butter is melted put all into a pie dish sprinkle with grated cheese and put in oven until cheese is melted and golden.
- Cook eggs as you like them, poached or fried. Spoon home fries onto serving plates and top with cooked eggs and a sprinkle of chopped scallions.
- Have this with warm Mugs of soup that’s ready in the fridge since yesterday.
- Serve with leftover chicken