The sweet flavour of ClemenGolds is perfect when combined with mild spices like Chinese five-spice, which is often described as a blend of spices with a sweeter aroma. In this recipe thick slices of ClemenGold in the skin are roasted with the chicken, sweet potatoes and leeks, resulting in a comforting meal. Other citrus fruit can become bitter when roasted for too long, but the slices of ClemenGold add a fantastic flavour to the dish – eat a slice of roasted ClemenGold with the skin on and experience an explosion of flavours.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
0 - Black Pepper
4 tsp Chinese 5 Spice
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
6 - Leek
cut in thick diagonal slices
60 ml Lemon Juice
3 tbsp Olive Oil
80 ml Rooibos Tea
8 - SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Thighs
excess fat removed
0 - SuperValu Salt
2 - SuperValu Signature Tastes Clemengold
3 - SuperValu Signature Tastes Clemengold
with the skin, cut in slices
4 medium Sweet Potatoes
cut in thin wedges
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Mix the oil, lemon and ClemenGold juice, rooibos tea and spices in a mixing bowl. Season to taste.
- Place chicken and veggies in the mixing bowl and mix to coat with the oil mixture. Place in a large oven dish and arrange ClemenGold slices in between. Pour the oil mixture over.
- Cover with foil and roast for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and roast for another 25 minutes or until the chicken and sweet potatoes are golden brown and cooked.
- Serve on its own or with couscous or brown basmati rice.
1. Substitute sweet potato with butternut or even brinjal, if preferred.
2. Fresh herbs like mint and Italian parsley are delicious in this dish.