This is a really nice highly flavoured soup which is great to use on cold winter days. It also freezes quite well so it’s a great recipe to have on standby in the fridge or freezer.
Serves: 4 people
Chicken Stock Cube
SuperValu Irish Creamery Butter
- Begin by peeling and chopping all of the vegetables into large chunks.
- Select a large saucepan and slowly melt the butter.
- Add in all of the vegetables, together with the chopped garlic cloves, and mix thoroughly and continue to pan roast them for 6-8 minutes without them sticking to the saucepan.
- Allow them to roast off for a few minutes as well to infuse the garlic with the vegetables.
- Next you need to add in the cream and 2/3 of the stock. It is best to only add 2/3 of the stock as it allows you to adjust or correct the consistency more accurately before serving.
- Bring this entire mixture to the boil and then reduce the heat to a constant simmer.
- Simmer for the next 15-20 minutes or until all of the vegetables have softened.
- Blitz the soup until smooth, adjusting the consistency with the remaining stock as required.
- Taste the soup and season accordingly. For those that are more daring they may wish to add in some chilli flakes at this time.
- Serve the soup either in china tea cups and saucers. Garnish the soup with a little crème fraiche