This is a perfect Sunday family lunch.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
From the Store Cupboard
100 g SuperValu Butter
0 tsp SuperValu Dried Mixed Herbs
175 g SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
5 cloves SuperValu Garlic
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Salt
1 medium SuperValu Swede
peeled & diced in cubes
Roast Stuffed Chicken
0 - SuperValu Lemon
1 small SuperValu Onion
0 - SuperValu Quality Irish large chicken
5 - SuperValu Rooster Potatoes
peeled & cut into chunks
Roast Stuffed Chicken
- In a medium sized saucepan melt 3oz butter and add in the diced onion and dried mixed herbs. Allow the onion to sweat off for a few minutes until it has softened but not coloured.
- Next add in the breadcrumbs and the grated lemon zest and mix well. Allow the stuffing to cool down completely.
- Meanwhile prepare the chicken by wiping out the cavity with some damp kitchen towel. Line the cavity with a little parchment paper and fill with the cooled stuffing.
- For extra favour, rub some additional butter into the breast of the chicken under the skin.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the chicken on a roasting tray and roast in the oven for 1¼ -1½ hours until completely cooked through.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/350˚F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl with the roughly chopped garlic.
- Season lightly with a little salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and mix well until combined.
- Place the potatoes onto a flat baking tray lined with a little parchment and bake in the pre-heated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Place the diced swede in a large saucepan of cold water.
- Bring this saucepan to the boil, reduce the heat slightly and continue to cook until the swede has softened sufficiently.
- Strain off the water and fit with a tightly fitting lid to allow the swede to steam and soften a little further.
- Remove the lid after 2-3 minutes, add 1oz butter together with some salt and pepper and shake lightly to coat the swede with the butter.
- To serve, carve the chicken into thin slices and serve with the roasted potatoes, herb stuffing and buttered swede.