A delicious way to cook your chicken topped off with roasted veg!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
4 medium Carrots
1 - Cooked SuperValu Chicken
circa 1.5 – 1.7kg
2 medium Red Onion
0 - Seasoning
3 clove SuperValu Garlic
more if you prefer
0 - SuperValu Lemon Juice
0 - SuperValu Olive Oil
4 medium SuperValu Parsnip
6 medium SuperValu Potatoes
- I Butterfly or Spatchcock my chicken before roasting. It cuts cooking time by a ¼ See 200,000 related Google topics and videos on this to show you how.
- If I am using stuffing I place it on a sheet of tinfoil in my roasting tin and set chicken on top of this.
- Drizzle chicken with lemon Juice and cook in preheated hot oven until golden, approx. 1 hour.
- Don’t forget to throw in and cook the back bone that you have cut out, it adds to the flavour of the gravy.
- Peel and chop all vegetables into bite size portions, put into a separate roasting tray drizzle with olive oil and season, put into oven approx. 15 mins. after chicken goes in, cook until golden and tender.
- Serve Chicken on large warm plate surrounded by veg, spoon over juices from roast chicken tin. Tuck in.
- Don’t throw away any leftovers and keep the chicken bones