Ingulegent yet healthy Rainbow Eggs are a tasty treat for the weekend.
Serves: 2 people
4 - Free Range Eggs
150 g Frozen spinach
150 ml Half-fat crème fraîche
1 - Nutmeg
half a teaspoon grated
6 - Peppadew Mild Piquante Peppers
1 pinch Pepper
1 pinch Salt
40 g SuperValu Signature Tastes Parmesan
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
2. Place a large frying pan over a medium-low heat. Once the pan has warmed up, add the frozen spinach cubes and gently push them around for about 8 minutes, until the spinach
defrosts. Tip the spinach into a colander and press out the excess liquid.
3. Return the spinach to the pan with the crème fraîche and stir to coat. Season with the nutmeg and salt and pepper, then divide the mixture equally between 2 x 500ml shallow ovenproof baking dishes.
4. Make two hollows in the spinach mixture in each dish and crack in the eggs. Add three Peppadew peppers to each dish, then sprinkle over the Parmesan.
5. Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until the eggs are just cooked. Serve with beetroot relish and toasted pittas on the side.
Swap peppers for roasted tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms or even crunchy sunflower seeds.