Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 5 people
Add all ingredients Select All
0.5 small Banana
125 g Fresh Blueberries
frozen will give a darker colour
1 handfull Fresh Blueberries
1 pinch Ground Turmeric
4 tsp Honey
or maple syrup
1 tsp Honey
or maple syrup
0.5 - Orange Essence
300 ml Rice Milk
0.5 tsp Salt
1 handfull SuperValu Goodness Pistachio Nuts
0.5 medium SuperValu Orange
zest only, organic if possible as non-organic ones are waxed
1 handfull SuperValu Orange
slices, to serve
1 handfull SuperValu Raspberries
1 tbsp SuperValu Sunflower Oil
For the Orange and Pistachio Yogurt
200 g Yogurt
of choice, use coconut or soy for dairy-free options
For the Pancakes:
200 g Buckwheat Flour
or flour of choice, wholemeal will be higher in fibre
- To make the orange and pistachio yogurt, put the yogurt in a mixing bowl, squeeze in the orange juice, add the maple syrup and turmeric and mix together. Sprinkle the pistachios on top and mix them through the yogurt. You can roughly chop some orange chunks if you have any extra oranges and add them for more texture if you like.
- Put all the pancake ingredients except the oil in a blender and blend until smooth. The batter should look purple or pink. Heat a non-stick pan over a high heat until it gets nice and hot, then turn down the heat to medium.
- Pour a tiny amount of oil on the pan and spread to cover the pan. Use a piece of kitchen paper to wipe up any excess oil so that only a thin covering of oil remains on the pan.
- When the oil is hot, pour in enough batter to make a thin, medium-sized pancake. We usually make them medium-sized because they are easier to flip. When bubbles start to form in the middle and the edges are firm, flip the pancake over and cook the other side until it’s golden brown. Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and cover with a clean tea towel to keep warm. Make the rest of the pancakes the same way until all the batter is used up.
- To serve, put the yogurt and extra fruit on top of each pancake, roll them up and enjoy!