This tasty and thrifty, seasonal pumpkin soup is full of flavour.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 - Kallo Chicken or Vegetable Stock Cubes
1 pinch SuperValu Chilli Flakes
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
2 tbsp SuperValu Goodness Pumpkin Seeds
2 - SuperValu Onion
800 g SuperValu Pumpkin
peeled and chopped
2 tbsp SuperValu Sunflower Oil
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
900 ml Water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Place the pumpkin seeds on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until toasted. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the chilli flakes and salt.
- Meanwhile, heat the sunflower oil in a large saucepan set over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until softened. Add the pumpkin and crumble in the stock cubes, then pour in the water.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until the pumpkin is tender. Blend the soup until smooth and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into warmed bowls, sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and serve.