A squeeze of lemon over the prawns just before serving adds a zing of flavour and means you don’t need to add salt.
Serves: 4 people
1 clove Garlic
0.5 - Lemon
8 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Olive Oil
1 pinch Pepper
1 pinch Salt
1 handfull SuperValu Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
16 - SuperValu Prawns
peeled and deveined
For the Garlic Bread:
1 small SuperValu Baguette
- If using wooden skewers, soak four of them in cold water for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the barbecue to a high heat.
- Whisk together the oil and lemon juice in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the prawns and turn to coat. Marinate for 15 minutes only.
- Thread four prawns onto each soaked skewer. Cook on the hot barbecue for 4 minutes on each side.
- Cut the baguette into slices on the diagonal. Drizzle with olive oil and rub the garlic clove on both sides. Cook the bread on the hot barbecue for 2 minutes on each side.
- Scatter the parsley over the skewers and serve the garlic bread on the side.