This quick meal idea is ideal for busy days. Perfect for a filling lunch or fancy breakfast.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
200 g SuperValu Rooster Potatoes
492 g Superquinn Award Winning Irish Sausages
From the Store Cupboard
1 tsp Baking Powder
4 - Fresh Egg
50 ml Milk
75 g Plain Flour
1 knob SuperValu Butter
1 tsp SuperValu Salt
3 tbsp SuperValu Sunflower Oil
1 tbsp Vinegar
- Peel and grate the raw potatoes into a bowl.
- Turn out onto a cloth and wring over a glass bowl, simply pour off the liquid leaving the starch at the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the mashed potato and the raw potato in a bowl and add the leftover starch, then sieve in 2oz/50g of the flour with the salt and baking powder.
- Pour in the melted butter and milk, mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Heat the frying pan and add 1 tbsp sunflower oil.
- Add the sausages, cooking for 2 minutes on each side, approximately 8 minutes in total, ensuring they are browned all over.
- Keep on a warmed plate until ready to serve.
- Knead the boxty, mix lightly on a floured surface (25g flour), then divide the mixture into four and form large, flat cakes.
- Drizzle 2 tbsps of sunflower oil onto a griddle or heavy based pan and cook for 10 minutes on each side over a moderate heat.
- To poach the eggs, bring a pan of water to the boil and add the vinegar.
- Stir the water for a few seconds and drop the egg into the centre of the pan.
- Poach the eggs to the required consistency and remove carefully from the water.
- To serve, place the boxty in the centre of the plate, add the sausages on top then place the poached egg on top and lightly season with salt and pepper.