This is my kind of sandwich. The quality of SuperValu white cheddar and SuperValu fresh Irish striploin will give you a perfect and delicious steak sandwich every time! Remember to thinly slice the steak for best results.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 tbsp Cream Cheese
4 - Demi Baguettes
2 cloves Garlic
1 - Green Pepper
or red, sliced
2 - Onions
200 g SuperValu Button Mushrooms
200 g SuperValu Cheddar Cheese Blocks 400g
4 - SuperValu Fresh Irish Striploin Steaks
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C or to the grill setting of the oven.
- Place the striploins on a board and thinly shred the meat to obtain thin slices.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan over low heat. Add the onions, garlic and mushroom. Cook for eight minutes or until golden. Add the peppers and continue to cook for a further 3 - 5 minutes or until softened. Season well. Remove from the pan and keep warm for a few minutes.
- In the same pan, over high heat, drizzle the second tbsp of olive oil and add the thinly sliced beef pieces. Season with salt and pepper and quickly fry the pieces until just cooked through. Add the onions and pepper mixture, the cream cheese and toss to combine in the pan. Remove from the heat. Divide and fill the four baguette rolls with the beef mixture and sprinkle with the cheddar.
- Place each filled baguette on a baking tray and place in the oven or under the grill for two minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.