Bruschetta are so simple to make and so delicious.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 tbsp Hazelnuts
2 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
0 - Sacla Tomato Pesto Sauce
1 - SuperValu Baguette
15 g SuperValu Fresh Basil
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
60 g SuperValu Rocket Leaves
0 - SuperValu Salt
8 - SuperValu Tomato
plump and ripe
- Slice the bread diagonally into thin slices (or to desired size). Set aside for later.
- Next prepare the tomatoes, place the tomatoes in a pot of boiling water for one minute, then remove then place in a bowl of iced water, allow to stand for 5-10 mins. At this stage the skin should be soft and easy to peel
- Chop the tomatoes into small squares.
- Tear the basil into a bowl and add the chopped tomatoes and add 2 tbsp of Sacla red pesto sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper is necessary.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper is necessary.
- To prepare the bread, place under the grill for 3-4 minutes until crisp.
- Peel the garlic and rub it on each side of the bread.
- With a glazing brush, brush each side of the bruschetta with Rapeseed oil with Chilli. (approx 2 tbsp worth for both sides)
- To assemble the bruschetta, place your oiled bread on a serving plate, line the bread with some fresh rocket and pile the tomato, basil and pesto mix on top.
- Garnish with some chopped hazelnuts if desired.