You could also use Cod, Haddock, Pollock or Salmon if you wish.
Serves: 4 people
SuperValu Green Beans
SuperValu Hake Fillets
approx 150g each
SuperValu Rooster Potatoes
From the Store Cupboard
to dust the fish
SuperValu Olive Oil
- Peel the potatoes and cut into large chunks.
- Place in a large saucepan and barely cover with water.
- Add the garlic cloves unpeeled to the water and cook for 25 minutes until the potatoes and garlic are tender.
- Drain the excess water from the pan, and peel the cooked garlic cloves.
- Return the potatoes and garlic to the pan and using a potato masher roughly mash the potato and garlic together.
- Add half the butter and the milk to the potatoes and garlic then beat with a wooden spoon until fluffy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Trim the green beans and place in a small pan of salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss in the remaining butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Season the fish, and place the flesh side of the fish into the flour, lightly dust the fish, tapping gently to remove any excess.
- Drizzle some olive oil in a pan then place the fish flesh side down in the pan.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes on each side.
- To serve, place a large scoop of mash into the centre of the plate and place the fish by its side with some buttered green beans and a drizzle of lemon juice.