Simply delicious and filling homemade energy bars packed with oats, nuts, and seeds, and sweetened by chopped dates and a little honey.
Serves: 4 people
100 g Almonds
mixed with pecans and walnuts
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
3 tbsp Honey
150 g Jumbo Oats
3 tbsp Peanut Butter
1 tsp Sea Salt
3 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
3 tbsp SuperValu Goodness Pumpkin Seeds
6 large SuperValu Medjool Dates
- Preheat oven to 190°.
- Lightly coat an 8½ x 4 pan with coconut oil.
- Bring dates and honey to a boil in a small saucepan, reduce heat to medium-high, keep stirring regularly, until dates are very soft, this takes about 10 minutes. Remove date mixture from heat and stir in a little coconut oil until it is melted.
- Allow the dates to cool and blend into a smooth paste.
- Toss oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and salt in a large bowl. Mix in date mixture until well combined. Then, pour half of the oat mixture into prepared pan and press very firmly to compress as much as possible. Add remaining oat mixture and press until tightly packed together.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the mix has turned a dark colour around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Then cut into slices of desired shape.