Serves: 8 people
Food Academy What’s for Pudding caramel sauce
SuperValu Chocolate Chip Cookies
For the Base
SuperValu Sunflower Oil
For the Ice Cream
or dark, chopped
grated. shaved or chopped
- Grease a 20cm round springform cake tin with oil and line the sides with non-stick baking paper. Melt the chocolate for the ice cream in a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water or in 30-second blasts in the microwave, stirring regularly. Set aside to cool.
- To make the base, melt the butter in a medium saucepan on the hob or in a bowl in the microwave. Blend the cookies in a food processor or seal them in a ziplock bag and bash with a rolling pin until you have fine crumbs. Mix the crumbs into the melted butter until well coated and spread evenly in the base of the tin with the back of a spoon. Pop into the freezer for at least 15 minutes to set.
- Returning to the ice cream, once the melted chocolate is cool, add the condensed milk and mix until thick and stiff. Using an electric whisk, beat the cream in a separate bowl until stiff too. Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until well blended.
- Pour this mixture onto the set cake base, levelling the top with the back of a spoon. Arrange your chosen decorations on top. Freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight, until frozen solid.
- This will keep for up to three months in the freezer. Remove the cake 10 to 20 minutes before serving, depending on how warm your room is, until it’s softened a little. Drizzle the caramel over, if using. Cut the cake into eight pieces. This is best done with a long sharp knife that has been dipped in just boiled water and wiped dry between each cut.