These spooky Mummy Sausages are delicious and can be eaten hot or cold.
Serves: 6 people
or ketchup, for serving
for egg wash
Superquinn Award Winning Irish Sausages
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Roll out the pastry until very thin, then use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut into skinny strips of pastry. Wrap each piece to pastry around the sausage until covered from top to bottom leaving a small space for the “face”, tuck in the end of the pastry underneath to ensure it doesn’t unravel during baking. Repeat with all Sausages. Lay them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or baking mat.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon of water. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the glaze all over the top of each mummy sausage.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until the pastry is nice and golden brown.
- Before serving, add a little mustard or ketchup for the "eyes."
Serve warm or cold.