These mini quiches use simple cupboard and everyday ingredients, perfect for vegetarian Monday lunches on budget. Use own brand wholemeal slice pan to add a healthier feel!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
12 slices Bread
1 - Carrots
1 clove Garlic
150 ml Milk
2 - Onions
1 - Pepper
1 - Salt
2 - SuperValu Eggs
50 g SuperValu Grated Cheddar Cheese
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Grease a 12-cup holder muffin tray generously.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the slice pan flat and fit into the muffin tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 10 minutes to cook until it is slightly toasted. Remove from the oven and leave aside until needed.
- Drizzle the olive oil in a large pan and add a tbsp of olive oil, the onions, carrots, garlic and cook for approximately 3 - 4 minutes over a medium/low heat. Remove from the heat and leave aside until needed.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs and milk, and season with salt and pepper.
- Next fill the bread bases with the cooked vegetables mixture. Top with the grated cheese and pour the egg mixture gently to not overflow the muffin cupholders.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the egg mixture is set and the cheese turned golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and serve either hot or cold.