Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 stick Celery
50 g Cheddar Cheese
50 g Red Lentils
1 - SuperValu Carrot
1 tsp SuperValu Dried Mixed Herbs
1 clove SuperValu Garlic
crushed or finely chopped (optional)
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
1 - SuperValu Onion
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the chopped onion, carrot and celery and stir them in the oil.
- Put the lid on and cook over a medium to low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Then stir in the lentils, garlic and herbs. Barely cover with water.
- Bring it to the boil, then lower the heat and cook over a low heat for about 20 minutes.
- When it is cooked, add the grated cheese and then blend.
- If you need a thinner pureé, you can add more water.
- You can also give this to older babies without blending it as long as they can manage soft lumps and all of the vegetables are well-cooked.