Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
- Place the kiwis in a bowl and add half the sugar. Cover with cling film and leave overnight if possible to soften.
- Zest the lemon and lime and squeeze the juice into a second bowl. Place the pips in a small muslin cloth tied with some kitchen string.
- Peel and core the cooking apples and cut into small chunks. Place them in the bowl with the lemon and lime juice.
- Place the macerated kiwis, apples, lemon and lime juice and the rest of the sugar in a large, heavy-based pan and bring to the boil. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring continuously, until the foam disappears and the apple becomes translucent.
- Remove from the heat and blitz using a hand-held blender. Return to the hob and cook for a further 4 to 5 minutes.
- Spoon into sterilised jars, screw on the lids and leave to settle. Label and store in a cool, dark place for up to three months.