Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Black Pepper
1 large Egg
2 cloves Garlic
2 tbsp Plain Flour
for dusting, optional
1 - Salt
2 - Spring Onions
1 pinch SuperValu Chilli Flakes
50 g SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
2 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Parsley
700 g lean minced beef
For the chilli mayonnaise
4 tbsp Mayonnaise
1 - Red Chilli
deseeded and chopped
4 tbsp SuperValu Signature Tastes Tomato Relish
4 - SuperValu Burger Buns
40 g SuperValu Rocket Leaves
4 slices SuperValu Signature Tastes Mature Red Cheddar
8 slices SuperValu Streaky Bacon Rashers
pre-cooked or from the deli
2 - Tomatoes
- Preheat the barbecue to medium. Alternatively, you can cook these on the hob in a chargrill pan.
- Put the minced beef in a large mixing bowl with the breadcrumbs, egg, spring onions, garlic, parsley, chilli flakes and some salt and pepper. Use your hands to combine the mixture.
- Dust your hands lightly with flour, if using, and divide into four large burgers about 1cm thick. Put on a plate, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow the burgers to firm up.
- Meanwhile, put the tomato relish, mayo and chilli in a bowl and stir to combine, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush the burgers on each side with olive oil, then place over a direct heat on the barbecue or put in the chargrill pan. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, then move to the indirect heat on the barbecue or reduce the heat on the hob and continue to cook for a further 2 or 3 minutes, until the burgers are completely cooked through.
- Drizzle the halved burger buns with olive oil and toast on the barbecue or grill pan. Immediately add some rocket and two tomato slices, then top with a burger, a slice of Cheddar, two slices of pre-cooked bacon and a good dollop of the chilli mayonnaise.