The different colours, textures and flavours make for a very unique dish.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tsp Curry Powder
4 large Eggs
1 - Lemon
1 - Onion
1 pinch Pepper
2 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
1 pinch Salt
1 tsp SuperValu Chilli Flakes
5 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
4 slices SuperValu Naan Bread
or flatbread, to serve
450 g SuperValu Quality Irish Lamb Mince
4 - Tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan or a shallow casserole dish that can be brought to the table. Add the minced lamb and cook on a medium heat for about 4 minutes, until it browns, making sure not to leave any big lumps. Add the onion and cook but don’t brown. It should become translucent. Add 4 tablespoons of the parsley, setting 1 tablespoon aside for garnish. Add the tomatoes, lemon juice, curry powder and some salt and pepper. Cook until the tomatoes have broken down, about 5 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and make four hollows in the lamb mix for the eggs. A large dessertspoon should do the trick. Don’t crack the eggs directly into the hollows, but rather break them into a cup first and remove any stray eggshell before gently dropping them into the little wells.
- Pop in the oven to bake. If you like your eggs runny, they’ll be done in about 5 minutes. If you like them harder, then 8 minutes will do it.
- Garnish with the chilli flakes and remaining parsley. Serve with flatbread or naan bread on the side.