Makes 1 x 250ml Jar
Serves: 1 person
SuperValu Fresh Thyme
SuperValu Olive Oil
- Cut the lemons into slices half a centimetre thick.
- Sprinkle with salt, arrange in layers in a shallow dish, finish with a covering of salt.
- Keep cool for six hours.
- The lemons will absorb the salt, release their juices and soften.
- Remove the salt from the lemons by gently patting with a paper towel.
- Discard the remaining juice, as it is no longer needed.
- Arrange the lemon slices in layers in the jars and finish by covering completely with olive oil.
- Lastly add a sprig of thyme to the jar.
- Leave the oil to infuse for at least 24 hours before use.
- This product will solidify if placed in the fridge so store in the cupboard and use within 3–4 weeks once opened.