It might seem intimidating, but homemade hollandaise sauce is actually quite simple if you use the right technique. Practice makes perfect!
Serves: 4 people
SuperValu Ground White Pepper
SuperValu White Wine Vinegar
or 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Firstly melt the butter in a saucepan over a gentle heat. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- In a separate saucepan heat some water and place a glass or stainless steel bowl on top, keep on a gentle simmer.
- Pour in the white wine vinegar and lemon juice then add the egg yolks and beat continuously until light and creamy in consistency. You need to be very careful at this stage because the line between creamy and scrambled is very fine.
- Remove the bowl from the heat then pour in the melted butter, whilst continuing to whisk at all times.
- If after adding all the butter the sauce is still a little thick for your liking whisk in some boiling water and a squeeze of lemon. Season to taste.