These hearty potatoes are fully loaded and a great way to use up any leftovers from Christmas.
Serves: 4 people
SuperValu Mature Cheddar Cheese
SuperValu Olive Oil
SuperValu Parmesan Cheese Shavings
SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
- Scrub the potatoes and pierce with a fork.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 1 hour or until tender.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard.
- Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large pan, over a moderate heat, sauté the ham and onion in oil until the onion is soft.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the pulp with crème fraîche, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the ham mixture, cheddar and Parmesan.
- Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake, uncovered, at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 25-30 minutes, until heated through.