This dish is delicious and perfect if you want to impress with something a little different.
Serves: 4 people
SuperValu Hake Fillets
(from the Fish counter)
From the Store Cupboard
SuperValu Dried Mixed Herbs
SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
SuperValu Olive Oil
- Slice the aubergine into large slices, about 1cm thick.
- Using 1 tbsp olive oil sauté in a large frying pan for 2–3 minutes each side.
- Finely slice the garlic and onion and add to the pan, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Place the hake into an ovenproof dish and add the stock or water.
- Place the onion, garlic and tomato slices on top and finish with a layer of aubergine.
- Meanwhile, put the breadcrumbs in a large bowl and add the dried herbs.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and pour over the breadcrumb mix.
- Spoon a layer of breadcrumbs over the aubergine and place in a preheated oven 180°C/350° F/Gas Mark 4 for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with some salad leaves of your choice or crusty bread.