Serve the crispy warm asparagus, with the tarragon mayonnaise on the side.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
0 - Rock Salt
0 - Sea Salt
12 spears SuperValu Asparagus
1 - SuperValu Lemon
(zest and juice)
3 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
- First, make your mayonnaise; place the egg yolk, mustard and a pinch of seasoning in a glass bowl.
- Using a balloon whisk, whisk the mixture while slowly adding the sunflower oil, little by little in a thin trickle. As the mayonnaise thickens, add the oil in a more steady steam whilst continuously whisking. The mayonnaise is ready when it is thick and glossy.
- Add the tarragon vinegar and fresh tarragon. Add more seasoning if required. Store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
- Next, preheat the oven to 220˚C/425˚F/Gas Mark 7, then lay the asparagus spears on a baking tray. Brush them lightly with the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place into your preheated oven and roast until the asparagus is nicely roasted and tender. Transfer the asparagus to a platter, toss with lemon juice and salt to taste, and serve.
- Serve the crispy warm asparagus, with the tarragon mayonnaise on the side.