Goats Cheese is a lovely alternative to cream cheese, it has twice the protein and half the fat so is also a healthier alternative
Serves: 14 people
SuperValu Goats Cheese
Port & Cranberry Relish:
Light Brown Sugar
SuperValu Cooking Apple
peeled, cored and diced
- Put the cranberries and apple into a medium saucepan with the sugar and the port and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add the cinnamon stick and the grated orange zest and continue to boil rapidly for approximately 10 minutes until the mixture is thick and pulpy.
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Combine the goat’s cheese and cranberry port relish in bowl and divide the filling into 12 pieces and roll it up into 12 even sized balls.
- Transfer to the fridge for a couple of minutes to allow to set.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Cut the filo pastry into squares approximately 4 x 4 inches.
- Meanwhile brush single layers of filo pastry with some melted butter and lay three layers on top of each other on a lightly floured work surface.
- Place a ball of the filling in the centre of each piece of pastry.
- Brush the edges with some melted butter and then decoratively secure the parcel into your desired shape desired shape, brush with melted butter and place on a flat baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden brown.
- Serve immediately with a little cranberry relish.
- If you have relish left over you can transfer to a sterile jar and store until required.
- It will last 3 months.