These bars can be stored in airtight containers for a few weeks and are delightful for breakfast or lunchbox treats. Try adding apricots, cranberries or nuts as alternatives.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tsp Baking Soda
60 g Caster Sugar
1 - Fresh Egg
egg white only
15 ml Milk
125 ml Natural Yogurt
175 g Plain Flour
300 g Porridge Oats
90 g SuperValu Brown Sugar
1 tsp SuperValu Cinnamon
125 g SuperValu Dried Fruit
2 tbsp SuperValu Honey
1 pinch SuperValu Salt
0.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
15 ml Vegetable Oil
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5.
- In a large bowl combine the brown and caster sugar, cinnamon, milk, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, honey and egg white.
- Sieve in the flour, baking soda and salt ensuring there are no lumps.
- Pour in the yoghurt then add the porridge oats and dried fruits and combine together to create dough.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased baking tray and flatten to cover the entire tray.
- Place in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to your touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Cut into squares and store in an airtight container - use at your leisure!