This bar is a fantastic option for either breakfast or for the lunchbox. It will keep in an airtight container for up to one week, if they last that long!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 12 people
Add all ingredients Select All
400 ml Condensed Milk
200 g Dried Apricots
150 g Gluten Free Dried Fruits
150 g Gluten Free Mixed Nuts
(pistachio, walnut, hazelnut)*
200 g Gluten Free Pure Porridge Oats
- Preheat to the oven 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
- Lightly grease a baking tray and line with some baking parchment.
- Place the apricots in a large bowl and add the nuts, dried fruits, porridge oats and stir to combine.
- Pour the condensed milk into a large heavy based pan over a moderate heat.
- Heat the condensed milk gently, stirring constantly to ensure that the milk does not burn.
- Pour the warmed condensed milk over the bowl of nuts and fruits and use your hands to combine the ingredients.
- Pour into the prepared tray, then level with a wet spatula or wooden spoon.
- Place into a preheated oven for 30 -35 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for approximately 10 minutes.
- Invert onto a chopping board, and cut with a large knife into pieces approx 5cm x 4cm.