These fish tacos are a great addition to a BBQ party - a colourful dish bursting with flavour. Serve 2 as a main or 4 as a starter.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 - Carrots
1 wedges Lemon
0.5 - Lemon
4 tbsp Olive Oil
1 pinch Pepper
0.5 - Red Onion
1 pinch Salt
300 g SuperValu Cod Fillets
1 handfull SuperValu Fresh Coriander
0.5 - SuperValu Red Cabbage
2 - SuperValu Tortilla Wraps
For the Salsa:
3 - Mixed Heirloom Tomatoes
or regular tomatoes, deseeded and finely diced
For the Slaw:
200 g Mayonnaise
- Preheat the barbecue to a high heat.
- To make the salsa, mix all the ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the mayo and lemon juice together in a large bowl. Add the cabbage and carrots and toss together, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Season the cod, then squeeze the lemon over. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes, until cooked through. This will depend on how thick the cod is. When cooked, run a knife along the skin to remove it, then cut the cod into goujons.
- Wrap the tortillas in tin foil and heat alongside the cod for 5 to 10 minutes to warm them through.
- Fill the warmed tortillas with the fish and spoon over some salsa. Wrap up the tortillas tightly and serve the slaw on the side.