Operation Transformation Recipe - Try this healthier alternative to the takeaway favourite.
Serves: 2 people
(2 x 150g fillets)
fresh or frozen
SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 200C / 180C F / gas mark 6.
- Parboil potatoes for 10 minutes. Remove from water and cut into chips when cool.
- Toss the chips in 2 teaspoons of olive oil and place on baking tray and cook for 20-30 minutes approximately until golden.
- Set up 3 plates, the first with flour, the second with the beaten egg, the third with the breadcrumbs
- Dip the cod fillets firstly into the flour, then into the beaten egg and then cover it breadcrumbs.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the baking tray, lay the fish on the tray and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes turning over half way through.
- Place peas in pot of water and simmer for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Take the chips out of the oven and serve with the fish fillets and peas.