Chicken wings are such a quick and easy snack to prepare, adjust your dip as required – I like some blue cheese or chilli sauce.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tsp Five Spice Powder
0 - Fresh SuperValu Mixed Chilli
60 ml Gluten Free Soy Sauce
1 inch SuperValu Fresh Ginger
2 tbsp SuperValu Honey
3 - SuperValu Lemon
zest and juiced, cut into chunks
20 - SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Wings
2 tbsp SuperValu Sunflower Oil
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4
- Put the honey, tamari sauce, diced chilli, grated ginger, lemons zest and juice, the five spice and sunflower oil into a bowl and mix together.
- Add in the chicken wings and toss to combine until they are completely coated in the sticky glaze.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Arrange the chicken wings and the marinade on a roasting tray.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the wings are fully cooked through and caramelised.
- In the meantime, prepare the dip. In a small bowl, mix the crème fraîche with the zest and juice of the third lemon, then add the spring onion and stir to combine.
- Place into the refrigerator until required.
- Check the wings in the oven every so often and give them a little shake to prevent them from sticking to the base of the tray, but also to ensure that each of the wings is covered with the sticky glaze.
- Serve hot or cold with the crème fraîche dip.
*Check Coeliac Society of Ireland Food List for gluten free brands.