This is ideal for prep-ahead lunchboxes.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 tsp Chinese 5 Spice
2 cloves Garlic
2 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 knob SuperValu Fresh Ginger
½ thumb-sized piece
800 g SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Drumsticks
1 tbsp SuperValu Sunflower Oil
- Mix together the soy sauce, honey, oil, five-spice powder, garlic and ginger in a large ziplock bag until well blended. Add the chicken drumsticks, seal the bag and squidge everything about until the chicken is evenly coated. Leave to marinate in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight if you have the time.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
- Tip the chicken and marinade out onto a baking tray in a single layer. Roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Once cooked, the chicken skin should be richly golden and sticky and the meat should be cooked through, with the juices running clear. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the dip, peel the mango and grate the flesh into a medium bowl. It doesn’t matter if it’s squishy and juicy. Add the yogurt or sour cream, lime zest and garlic. Season to taste. Pack into individual serving tubs and refrigerate until needed.
- Pack the cooled chicken drumsticks into lunchboxes along with the dip.
- This is delicious served for lunch or dinner with my ‘Oodles of noodles’ recipe.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and/or fresh coriander leaves to garnish if liked.