This special beef dish makes for a very comforting dinner party centrepiece. Perfect served with chips or my favourite, a garlic and herb mash.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
200 ml Beef Stock
2 tbsp Irish Whiskey
225 ml SuperValu Cream
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Chives
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
0 - SuperValu Olive Oil
450 g SuperValu Quality Irish Beef Fillet Steaks
2 - SuperValu Shallots
200 g SuperValu Signature Tastes Irish Mushroom Medley
- Heat a pan until smoking hot. Brush with a little oil.
- Place the beef steaks on the pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, depending on how you like your beef cooked.
- Remove the beef from the pan when it is sealed on both sides. Transfer to a warm plate. (Popping the steaks into a preheated oven for 5-10 minutes at this stage will give you a well done steak).
- Meanwhile quickly make up the sauce. Heat a deep based pan with a little butter and then add the crushed garlic, sliced shallots and mixed mushrooms. Cook gently until they are all softened down.
- Remove pan from heat, add in the whiskey and allow to bubble up a little. Return pan to heat.
- Next pour in the cream and the beef stock and allow the entire mixture to come to the boil for 5-6 minutes. Continue to simmer for approximately 6-7 minutes and then season as required.
- Scatter in the snipped chives. Serve immediately with the pan seared fillet of beef.