The kids will love turning this simple store-bought cake into an Easter eggs-travaganza.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
160 g Cadbury Mini Eggs
125 g Dark Chocolate
or milk chocolate
1 - Edible Glue
5 g Green Fondant Icing
90 g M&M Mini Eggs
15 g Orange Fondant Icing
10 g Pink Fondant Icing
200 g SuperValu Icing Sugar
100 g Unsalted Butter
0.25 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 - Victoria Sandwich
50 g White Fondant Icing
1.5 tsp Whole Milk
- Shape two small pieces of the white icing into bunny feet, using a small knife to define the toes. Roll a tiny piece into a bunny tail. Shape the remainder into the bunny’s bum and stick the tail on with a little edible glue.
- Shape the pink icing into six little toes and two-foot pads, sticking them to the white feet with the glue. Shape the orange icing into five carrots and the green icing into five carrot tops and insert them into a hole in the top of each carrot. Set all aside for a few hours or overnight if possible, until dried out.
- Finely chop one of the packs of M&M Mini Eggs.
- Snap the chocolate into a small heatproof bowl and either melt in the microwave in 30-second blasts, stirring between each go, or over a pan of simmering water, shallow enough that the water doesn’t touch the bowl. Set 25g of it aside to cool for the icing. Spoon a teaspoon of it onto a parchment paper-lined baking tray into a 1 x 3-inch rectangle. Immediately sprinkle a little of the chopped mini eggs over. Repeat to make 18 rectangles in total. Chill for 15 minutes until set.
- For the icing, place the butter, milk, vanilla extract and half the icing sugar in a large bowl and beat until well combined. Beat in the remaining icing sugar until smooth. Beat in the reserved melted chocolate.
- Place the Victoria Sandwich on a cake stand or serving plate and spread the icing all over. Carefully remove the chocolate rectangles from the tray and stick them all around the outside edge of the cake like a fence. Arrange the bunny bum and feet on the top edge. Scatter the remaining Mini Eggs on top to fill and arrange the carrots in between.