Be sure to have Duck breasts with skin on them. A duck breast should be treated like a steak: Allow to rest before serving otherwise the juices will run all over your cutting board — and not down your chin, where they should be!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp Rock Salt
4 - SuperValu Duck Breasts
2 tbsp SuperValu Honey
1 - SuperValu Lemon
zest & juiced
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Salt
Sweet & Sour Plum Compote:
2 tbsp SuperValu Brown Sugar
30 g SuperValu Butter
0 - SuperValu Chilli Powder
2 - SuperValu Plums
stones removed & thinly sliced
1 tsp SuperValu Salt
2 tbsp SuperValu White Wine Vinegar
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the plums and chilli powder, cook for 4-5 minutes then add the sugar, salt and white wine vinegar.
- Cook for a further 8-10 minutes until the plums have completely softened and the mixture is thick and sticky.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the duck breast side down on a hot oven proof pan and season with some salt & pepper, cook for 3-4 minutes each side.
- Remove from the oven and set aside on a warm plate to rest for 10 minutes.
- To make the sauce, remove the excess fat from the pan juices.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and honey to the pan and stir gently.
- Cook over a high heat for a 4-5 minutes until nicely thickened.